As an Internet user, there are a variety of ways for you to make money online by writing content. If you have the desire and enough spare time to be working a side hustle. It is perfectly possible to start a blog and monetize your content through ads or affiliate marketing. The key is to find a website that is willing to pay you for your services. Whether you are looking to supplement your income or produce some extra spending cash on the side. Here’s how you can be compensated as a website content writer in addition to another job or a side gig.
If you have a knack for grammar, vocabulary, and research and have experience with blogging and SEO writing. Then becoming an online freelance writer may be right for you. As a result, this article will give you some insight into how you can get started and what companies are currently hiring freelance writers. Additionally, we’ll cover strategies on how best to stand out from the competition so that they will want to hire you rather than someone else.
How I started Content Writer and why I think you could too
I started content writing back in April 2022 as a full-time blogger which is this channel HustleVentureSG. I loved writing about businesses and finances, sharing my stories and ideas to reach financial independence. Even though the initial phase was really tough as there was a lot of content that needed to be added in. I enjoyed every moment writing. From there, I build the confidence to sell my services as a content writer on Fiverr. As all startup businesses, things were slow. However, i slowly build my report as one of the best financial writer out there in the market.
6 months into my content writing business, i have amassed multiple streams of income I never thought i would achieve. As a financial page blog, I am able to make a decent income through Google Ads, Affililate links, Sponsor post and selling my services as a content writer. With more businesses approaching me to write content for them. I had to invest more money into building a system to manage my content and deliver more of it. With AI(Artifical intelligence), content writing has become a lot easier and i am able to deliver content a lot faster.
I believe that content writing is one of the best freelance jobs out there as you can literally do it anywhere in the world. All you need is a computer! Do check out my other blog article on things to know when starting a blogging business.
Check Out These Top Websites Hiring Content Writers Right Now
Before you begin, make sure to check out these sites that are now seeking online writers and editors.They may have what you are looking for and are a great place to start your search and get your foot in the door as a website content writer.
- Indeed – Writing and Editing Jobs
- Craigslist – Writing, Editing and Proofreading Jobs
- Upwork – Virtual Assistant Jobs
- Hubstaff Talent – Guest Posting, Blogging and Copywriting Jobs
- Fiverr – Creative Writing Jobs
- iWriter – Copywriting Jobs
- Textbroker – Copywriting Jobs
- Textropica – Translation Jobs
- Contently – Freelance Writers
If you’re a beginner in the field, i highly recommend Fiverr. Fiverr is the largest and most user-friendly platform for getting started as a freelancer. So, if you want to start out as a freelance content writer. Be sure to check out my referral links and get 10% off your first payment for the service. Also, you can check out my content writing gig by click on the links here.
Start by Researching Writing Jobs Online
If you are just getting started, the best thing you can do is start researching online writing jobs. Be sure to check out the above list of sites that regularly hire online writers before you dive into this process. Another great place to check out is Indeed, which often has tons of freelance writing jobs listed. Another option is to browse through Craigslist, where you can find a variety of different online writing jobs. Finally, another great place to check out is Upwork, which has thousands of freelance writing jobs listed. Whatever method you choose, be sure to check out a variety of different websites and be sure to check back regularly to see what new freelance writing opportunities are available.
Develop Your Skills and Produce Quality Content
Another key to getting hired as a website content writer is to develop core skills and be able to produce quality content. Let’s start with some core skills you may want to brush up on or learn before you start applying for online writing jobs.
- Grammar – This may sound obvious, but being able to write grammatically correct and engaging content is an essential skill for almost any type of writing job. If you struggle with grammar, you may want to brush up on your skills before starting to apply for jobs.
- Vocabulary – Alongside grammar, you also want to make sure that you have a good vocabulary and use the right words. This will help you write more compelling content and will also show hiring managers that you are a competent writer.
- Research – Another essential skill for any type of freelance writing job is the ability to conduct research. You will be expected to conduct thorough research before each article and also be able to use that information to craft compelling content.
Find the Right Websites Paying Freelance Writers
If you have developed core skills and are able to produce high-quality content, you will be well on your way to getting hired as a website content writer. Now, you just have to find the right websites to apply for these jobs. These websites often hire online writers for a variety of different types of content and this may be a great way for you to get started.
- Blogging – If you are able to conduct thorough research and are able to write engaging blog posts, you may want to consider applying for blogging jobs.
- Copywriting – If you are able to write persuasive and engaging sales and marketing copy, you may want to consider applying for a copywriting job.
- Guest Posting – If you are able to conduct thorough research and write insightful articles, you may want to consider applying for a guest posting job.
Become an Expert in a Niche to Stand Out
While developing core skills and producing high-quality content are essential. Another way to get hired as a website content writer is to become an expert in a niche. All of the websites that hire online writers regularly have the potential to pay more for posts and are more likely to hire you for future posts. To become an expert in a niche, you may want to consider conducting thorough research and reading books on the subject. Be sure to engage with the community and learn everything you can about the niche. Once you have become an expert, you can begin to apply for writing jobs, and be sure to let hiring managers know how much you know about their niche.
It’s Time to Earn Money as a Website Content Writer
Now that you have checked out some of the best websites hiring online writers and have developed core skills and become an expert in a niche. It is time to start applying for these jobs or build a blogging channel for you to showcase your skills. Remember, the more websites you apply for, the better your chances are of getting hired. You may want to set your pricing lower than your expectation first in order to rack up 5* review of build a reliable customer base. Good customer will always be able to afford any price changes you have to offer because they value your service. Now, it’s time to monetize your online writing skills and earn money as a website content writer.